Just quickly and off the top of my head, here's a quick response to Marc Fennell's top 5 films he likes to watch again and again. These are in no particular order:
- Barton Fink: It's a lesson in how to write a screenplay about a man trying to write a screenplay. Kind of like a depression era Adaptation, but not really.
- Wild at Heart: passion, tragedy and the American dream all there on the screen.
- North By Northwest: It's a silly film but a hell of a lot of fun.
- Mars Attacks: Just one of those films that I can walk in half-way through and always get sucked into watching the rest of the film.
- The Exorcist: It starts so slowly and just builds up fear and doubt. Watch it in the dark and double it with Poltergeist for some great cushion clutching fun.
Of course there are so many more films to put in this list. It's not a top 5 of all time or a 5 favourite films of all time. But if you don't want me to bother you for a couple of hours, put one of these in the DVD player and I'll definitely stay out of your way.
Sometimes Marc and I can be so bang-on the same and sometimes not so much. Hmmm. Deep.